My name is Sébastien Kuntz. I live in Paris, France.
( for the curious ones, Kuntz is short for Conrad, old German for “judicious advice”)
Do I like VR?
- I started working in VR in 2001.
- I am the founder of MiddleVR (formerly ” i’m in VR “, a company focusing on Virtual Reality services and tools, such as MiddleVR SDK (for Unity).
- I have worked four years on a VR Engine and two VR training simulators with a high level of interactivity (FIACRE and SIMURAT) at SNCF (french railways), with Philippe David. Both simulators won a Laval Virtual Award.
- I have worked at Virtools / Dassault Systèmes with David Nahon, as the lead Virtual Reality engineer for four years.
- I have created the VR Geeks association, which aims at creating cheap VR experiences.
- I was a board member of the French national VR association AFRV.
- I have been teaching introductory VR classes at engineering schools and at the game designers schools.
- In 2010 I have co-chaired the first 3D User Interfaces (3DUI) Grand Prize (see the results, the CG&A coverage).
Major Conferences / Academics
– SVVR 2015: Multi-user Professional Applications for VR
– Oculus Connect 2014 (#OC1): Professional VR applications
– IEEE VR 2014: SEARIS Workshop Keynote
– JVRC 2012: Panel “Game Engines vs. VR APIs: Pros and Cons for VR Application Development” (with Carolina Cruz-Neira, Dirk Reiners, Perdo Morilla and Roland Blach),
– Committee member VRIC 2010 – Displays of the near future,
In real life I enjoy photography, sport (horse riding, climbing, street hockey, freefall.. ), going to concerts and way too much other things.
What is VR ?
Here’s my definition.
With Palmer Luckey, founder of Oculus:
With John Carmack, CTO of Oculus:
2001 – The Simurat simulator (with Philippe David)
In La Geode with David Nahon