My name is Sébastien Kuntz (aka ‘Cb’ or ‘CbWan’). I’m currently living in Paris, France.
My goal is to provide the most immersive VR experiences to everyone, which means creating tools and applications and using the best hardware for the task, from high-end to low-cost. I truly believe VR can change the world, and it has already started.
Do I like VR?
- I have created the VR Geeks association, which aims at creating cheap VR experiences.
- I have also worked four years on a VR Engine and two VR Simulators with a high level of interactivity (FIACRE and SIMURAT) at SNCF (french railways), with Philippe David. Both simulators won a Laval Virtual Award.
Major Conferences / Academics
- SVVR 2015: Multi-user Professional Applications for VR
- Oculus Connect 2014 (#OC1): Professional VR applications
- IEEE VR 2014: SEARIS Workshop Keynote
- JVRC 2012: Panel “Game Engines vs. VR APIs: Pros and Cons for VR Application Development” (with Carolina Cruz-Neira, Dirk Reiners, Perdo Morilla and Roland Blach),
- Committee member VRIC 2010 – Displays of the near future,
You can write to me on my email, which is located on the top left corner of this page.
About this blog
In this blog you’ll find information related to (immersive) Virtual Reality and how it is *really* used, immersive environments, 3d interaction, and stuff for geeks.
You should start by reading The State of VR series of article which are an up-to-date introduction to what people are doing with VR. You can then check out some interesting articles from the archives of this blog.
You can subscribe to the newsletter, which just sends a summary of recent articles, and follow me on twitter : @SebKuntz
What is VR ?
Here’s my definition.
In a SAS3
The Simurat simulator (with Philippe David)
In La Geode with David Nahon