[This article was published in 2006, is super outdated 🙂 ][So much is happening currently that this page can be a bit outdated :]
- A definition of VR
- The State of Virtual Reality : What are VR applications and devices now ?
- I’m in VR
- Creating VR games: the fundamentals
- Lessons from the VR field
- The VR Geeks association.
- AFRV Blog : The French VR association’s blog (if you want to filter by english posts only, use this link).
- VResources : VR News and forum.
- VRoot.org : A VR news portal.
- V-Rtifacts : Archeology on VR
- Stereoscopy.com : Stereoscopy resources and news.
- Stereo3D.com : Resources and forum around stereoscopy.
- MeantToBeSeen Forum : Forum on stereoscopy.
- Developping VR applications : A great overview with lots of case studies.
- Le traité de la réalité virtuelle : The bible, in french.
- Stereoscopy at home : How to create your stereo environment.
- Stereoscopic game development : Information about how to how to use stereo in games/movies.
3D User Interfaces
- 3DUI.org : A site devoted to three-dimensional user interfaces (3D UIs) and their design, evaluation, and application.
- 3DUI.org resources: A goldmine
- 3DUI in a Nutshell : An introduction
- Contigra 3D Widgets classification
- IBM RealPlaces design guide : These guidelines present some of the key concepts and elements for use in building a 3D user environment supporting enterprise business applications– for doing real work.
- IEEE VR : Online presentations from the conference
- ACM VRST
- 3DUI : 3D User Interactions (Online presentations from the conference)
- Laval Virtual VRIC
- Medecine Meets VR
- VR, Archeology and Cultural Heritage
- Virtual Rehabilitation
- ConVR : VR and construction
- ISUVR : International Symposium on Ubiquitous Virtual Reality